BE (Car and Trailer Towing)
(3 days training, test on the 3rd day & test fee)
(4 days training, test on the 4th day & test fee)
(5 days training, test on the 5th day & test fee)
|Using our vehicles for training||Please call||Please call||Please call|
|Using your own vehicles for training||Please call||Please call||Please call|
At Big On Driver Training throughout Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, we have high standards of training, fully committed team and highly qualified Advanced driving instructors and because of all this we have high pass rate for which we really do pride ourselves. Our instructors follow the DSA training guidelines to ensure the candidate receives the necessary training to help them to reach test standard and be the safe drivers on the road.
We provide lessons on a one to one basis. Our courses are tailored for individual needs. Whether you need the BE category adding to your current driving license or if you just require a little additional training to give you a little more confidence when youre towing a horse box, trailer or caravan, we have a courses to tailor all you needs.
We have years of experience in getting people through their driving tests, so you can rely on us to get you through any driving test successfully within the shortest time scale possible and at a high standard, saving you money and time.
We provide BE training for anyone wanting to tow:
- Large Camping Trailers
- Towing Horseboxes
- Large Sailing boats
- Multiple Canoes and Kayaks Trailers
- Vintage and elite cars
- Jet skis
- 4 x 4 off roaders and quad bikes Trailers
- Refresher courses or Just reversing course to build up confidence
- Trailer assessments / handling
We also provide BE for company drivers who need to tow:
- Mobile showrooms and presentation units
- Construction - excavating and mini-diggers
- Car and vehicle transporters
- Recovery trailers
- Utility Storage Containers
- Luggage Trailers
- Catering Trailers
- Speciality trailers
The BE test consists of the following requirements:
- The reversing exercise
- The drive
- Uncoupling and recoupling
- The ability to carry out safety checks on your vehicle and trailer
What you would be able to drive with Category BE Car and Trailer / Caravan Towing Licence
Category BE Car and Trailer Licence will enable you to drive a small vehicle (up to 3.5tonnes) and a trailer (up to 3.5tonnes)
Licences held before 1 January 1997
- If you passed your car test before 1 January 1997 you are generally entitled to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to 8.25 tonnes MAM.
- This is the weight of a vehicle or trailer including the maximum load that can be carried safely when it’s being used on the road.
- You also have entitlement to drive a minibus with a trailer over 750kg MAM.
Licences held from 1 January 1997
- If you passed your driving test after 1 January 1997 and have an ordinary category B (car) licence, you can drive either: a vehicle up to 3.5 tonnes or 3,500 kilograms (kg) Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM) towing a trailer of up to 750kg MAM (with a combined weight of up to 4,250kg in total)
- a trailer over 750kg MAM as long as it is no more than the unladen or ‘kerb’ weight of the towing vehicle (with a combined weight of up to 3,500kg in total)
Licences issued from 19 January 2013
From 19 January 2013, drivers passing a category B (car and small vehicle) test can tow:
- small trailers weighing no more than 750kg
- trailers weighing more than 750kg, where the combined weight of the towing vehicle and the trailer isn’t more than 3,500kg
If you want to tow a trailer weighing more than 750kg, when the combined weight of the towing vehicle and trailer is more than 3,500kg, you’ll have to pass a further test and get BE entitlement on your licence.