(3 days training, test on the 3rd day & test fee
(4 days training, test on the 4th day & test fee)
(5 days training, test on the 5th day & test fee)
|D1 (Minibus)||Please call||Please call||Please call|
What you we be able to drive with Category D1 PCV Minbus Licence
If you are looking to get Category D1 Minibus licence, you have come to the right place which is Big On Driver Training. At Big On Driver Training we specialise in all the courses we provide. We have team of specialist driver instructors, who are DSA approved and CRB checked.
At Big On Driver Training we will help you at each step from obtaining the medical certificate to passing the test. We also provide refresher courses if you need bit more training to build your confidence and experience or if you hold a license and have never drove a minibus.
For new entrants, driving a minibus professionally means having to obtain initial Driver CPC. We At Big On Driver Training also provide initial CPC training and support to pass the DSA CPC test.
Category D1 Minibus licence enables you to drive vehicles with:
- no more than 16 passenger seats
- a maximum length not more than 8 metres
- a trailer up to 750kg
At Big On Driver Training we give a free one hour driving assessment. The assessment will consist of a brief demonstration drive by the instructor, followed by you driving on-road in various traffic situations and completing an off-road reversing exercise. After the assessment drive our instructor can advise as to how many training days are needed in order to reach test standard. Assessment drives are available during seven days. To book an assessment drive, please call us at your convenience.
Licences held before 1 January 1997
- If the minibus is not for ‘hire or reward’
- You may be able to drive a minibus with up to 16 passenger seats using your current car driving licence as long as it’s not for ‘hire or reward’ - ie there’s no payment from or on behalf of the passengers.
- You can drive a minibus in the UK and on temporary visits abroad.
- When your car licence is next renewed at the age of 70, you’ll need to re-apply for your entitlement and meet higher medical standards.
- You’ll need to order and complete a D2 application form and complete a D4 medical examination report.
Licences held from 1 January 1997
- You can drive a minibus within the UK as long as the following conditions apply:
- you’re 21 or older
- the minibus is used for social purposes by a non-commercial body
- you’ve had your driving licence for at least 2 years
- you’re driving on a voluntary basis and the minibus is used for social purposes by a non-commercial body
- the maximum weight of the minibus is not more than 3.5 tonnes (or 4.25 tonnes including specialist equipment for disabled passengers, eg a wheelchair ramp)
- you’re not towing a trailer
What you need to do:-
The minimum age for this licence is 18 years old and you must hold a full Cat B (car) and a Provisional Cat D1 licence.
In order to undertake the training you must first go through the following stages:
- Obtain the required application pack D2 & D4 (available from Big On Driver Training free).
- Get your doctor or Big On Driver Training doctor to carry out the required medical completing the D4 form.
- You complete the D2 provisional Cat D application form.
- You send both the D2 & D4 along with both parts of your existing licence to DVLA Swansea. There is NO FEE to pay and 10-15 working days later you should receive your new licence.
- Study for the theory test, we can supply the training books and discs for a small fee (optional).
- Pass the required theory test. The test is now a two part test and can be sat one after the other.
- Part 1 - 100 multiple choice questions (you must get 85 correct from the possible 100)
- Part 2 - Hazard perception 19 film clips from which you must correctly indicate developing hazards. In this part of the test you must achieve a score of 67 out of the available 100.
- Having passed the theory/hazard perception tests you can now undertake the practical driver training. Train to the DSA test standard and take the test.
- CPC Module 2 - Case Studies Test is a computer-base exercise. Click here for more info
- CPC Module 4 - Show me and Tell me exam. Click here for more info
On passing the test: you are licensed to drive minibus towing a trailer no heavier than 750kg.