(3 days training, test on the 3rd day & test fee)
(4 days training, test on the 4th day & test fee)
(5 days training, test on the 5th day & test fee)
|C1 (7.5t Truck/Van)||Please call||Please call||Please call|
At Big On Driver Training throughout Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, we have high standards of training, fully committed team and highly qualified Advanced driving instructors and because of all this we have high pass rate for which we really do pride ourselves. Our instructors follow the DSA training guidelines to ensure the candidate receives the necessary training to help them to reach test standard and be the safe drivers on the road.
Big On Driver Training are proud to be the preferred training provided for both the North West Ambulance Service and the Staffordshire university. We offer fully managed, fast track ambulance driver training courses for private individuals, medical students looking to become an ambulance driver, paramedic or any NHS patient transport role.
We provide lessons on a one to one basis. Our courses are tailored for individual needs. Whether you need the C1 7.5t category adding to your current driving license or if you just require a little additional training to give you a little more confidence, we have courses to tailor all you needs.
We have years of experience in getting people through their driving tests, so you can rely on us to get you through any driving test successfully within the shortest time scale possible and at a high standard, saving you money and time. We are proud to have trained many many satisfied students to pass their practical HGV/LGV C1 driving tests and get them on their way to reach their LGV/HGV driving goal. We are an independent school and not an LGV/HGV broker or intermediary.
With a Category C1 7.5t Licence you will be eligible to drive an LGV of between 3,500kg and 7,500kg. You can also add a trailer of no more than 750kg. This vehicle is commonly known as a 7.5 ton, Class 3 or C1 7.5t.
The training time varies from 3 to 5 days, depending on your previous experience. Once you have got the licence, we would expect you to be able to earn a starting salary of £20k+ per year, rising with experience.
The C1 (7.5 tonne) category of license is also ideal for horse owners who need to transport more horses that can be towed behind a car size vehicle to events.
What you will be able to drive with Category C1 LGV 7.5t Licence
You can drive vehicles weighing between 3,500 and 7,500kg (with a trailer up to 750kg).
Licences held before 1 January 1997
- this category was automatically awarded to all drivers passing their Car Driving test ( category B). Most people refer to this entitlement as "Grandfather Rights" or in official circles as "Acquired Rights" to drive a vehicle with a GVW of up to 7.5 Tonne.
Licences held from 1 January 1997
- The category is referred to as C1, it is a sub category of the Class C LGV driving entitlement. Upon passing an official DSA C1 Driving Test you will have the right to drive this category of vehicle
What you need to do:-
The minimum age for this licence is 18 years old and you must hold a full Cat B (car) and a Provisional Cat C1 licence.
In order to undertake the training you must first go through the following stages:
- Obtain the required application pack D2 & D4 (available from Big On Driver Training free).
- Get your doctor or Big On Driver Training doctor to carry out the required medical completing the D4 form.
- You complete the D2 provisional Cat C application form.
- You send both the D2 & D4 along with both parts of your existing licence to DVLA Swansea. There is NO FEE to pay and 10-15 working days later you should receive your new licence.
- Study for the theory test, we can supply the training books and discs for a small fee (optional).
- Pass the required theory test. The test is now a two part test and can be sat one after the other.
- Part 1 - 100 multiple choice questions (you must get 85 correct from the possible 100)
- Part 2 - Hazard perception 19 film clips from which you must correctly indicate developing hazards. In this part of the test you must achieve a score of 67 out of the available 100.
- Having passed the theory/hazard perception tests you can now undertake the practical driver training. Train to the DSA test standard and take the test.
- CPC Module 2 - Case Studies Test is a computer-base exercise. Click here for more info
- CPC Module 4 - Show me and Tell me exam. Click here for more info
On passing the test: you are licensed to drive any rigid lorry up to 7.5t towing a trailer no heavier than 750kg.